Hey, guys! I didn’t blog much last week but I’ll try to make up for it this week. So yesterday I finally received my March Fairyloot box! Fairyloot is a new subscription box based in London. For us Europeans it might be more affordable than other subscription boxes such as Owlcrate etc. Though if you’re from Norway like me, Fairyloot is actually slightly more expensive than Owlcrate because the shipping is much higher than most of the other countries for some reason… Whyyyy ;_; Though their first box had a discount so I went for it!
Let’s get to it then. The theme for the March box was retelling.
This is the box in all its glory. I totally butchered it trying to open it LOL.
The box is open! So many worms. So. many. worms.
And this is what was inside! I’m so excited, and there’s so much purple, I love purple.
- A Throne of Glass magnetic bookmark set by TheStickerAlley
- An Alice in Wonderland necklace by BunnysBeadsUK
- A notebook by NewtonAndTheApple
- A candle with Angelic Runes by MurrayMayDesigns (I haven’t read any Cassandra Clare or watched Shadowhunters, but it’s a pretty candle!)
- A button that says “…just one more chapter…” by ButtonNook
- And last but not least, the book. The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury, as well as a bookmark and a signed bookplate. This is a retelling of Alladin and I see it’s got quite a lot of positive reviews from people whose opinions I trust so I’m looking forward to reading it!
My favorite item in the box, apart from the book, is the Alice necklace. I’ve always wanted one of these. So pretty.
So that was my first (and possibly only, because expensive!) subscription box. I’d call it a success, I’m happy with the contents.
Have you ever subscribed to one of these? Will you in the future? And have you read The Forbidden Wish? Tell me if it’s good!