I don’t usually post hauls, but this month I went on a book-buying spree and ordered a bunch of books online that I’m very excited about. And finally they’ve all arrived, all except for one that might take another couple of weeks for some reason.
The books I ordered:
- The Amazing Book is Not on Fire by Dan Howell and Phil Lester – This is the only YouTuber book I’m interested in and I finally decided to order it. Yay!
- Unwind by Neal Shusterman – This has been on my TBR for quite some time. It seems really good.
- Beauty Queens by Libba Bray – A bunch of beauty queens stranded on an island? Seems hilarious, I’m here for it.
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff – The hype is real with this one. But I’m weak for books that play with the format so I had to get it. It’s so heavy for a paperback, I’m fascinated.
- Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas – I randomly stumbled over a review of this that made me really want to read it. It’s a YA mystery and thriller and that has me sold.
- The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton – I started hearing about this last summer and people keep raving about how beautiful it is. If it’s just half as beautiful as the cover I’m going to call it a win. This is one spine I’ll try not to break too badly.
Along with these, I also ordered The Archived by Victoria Schwab but it hasn’t arrived yet. I’ve wanted to give her YA series a shot so here we go.
The books I’ve bought on my kindle lately are as follows:
Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo -This was really cheap on Amazon and I caved to the hype. What can I say. What is it about? Literally no idea. Russia? Someone called the Darkling? lmao. The last time I went into a fantasy book knowing nothing about it it ended up consuming my soul, so we can hope that happens again with this.
The Basic Eight by Daniel Handler – Another book about dangerous girls, yay! And look at that creepy cover! This is a YA mystery/humor book from 1999. I read some interesting reviews of it a while back and I finally decided to buy it. I’m 15% in and I’m liking it this far.
Have you read any of these books? Did I make a good decision or did I waste my money? Do tell! And tell me what books you’ve hauled lately 🙂