I’ve been nominated for the Liebster award by three people (as far as I know, I hope I haven’t lost a link): Samantha @ Bookish Library, Laura @ LaLa’s Blog, and Paige @ Page by Paige. Thank you all for the nomination, I really appreciate it! 🙂 I’ll answer all of their questions in this one post.
The purpose of this award is to discover new blogs and that’s always great.
- Make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you and include the Liebster Award sticker in the post.
- Nominate 5-10 other bloggers and notify them of this in one of their posts.
- All nominated bloggers are to have less than 200 followers.
- Answer the 11 questions posed by your nominator and create 11 different questions for your nominees to answer. Or, you can repeat the same questions.
- Copy these rules into your post.
Before I start, does anyone know why the text bleeds into this sidebar in this post???? It’s never done that on any other post. Weird.
1. What is your favorite part about blogging?
It motivates me to read more books and it’s a very good way to find new books to read!
2. What is your hobby except reading?
3. What book would you recommend to everyone?
Vicious by V.E. Schwab [my review]
4. What is your favorite Disney movie?
The Emperor’s New Groove, I know pretty much every line by heart. Though it’s tied with The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
5. Do you have a lot of bookmarks? How many do you own?
Not really, I always lose them! I have two very pretty ones that I haven’t lost though. Amazing.
6. Mention a person you idolize the most.
Oh, man, I don’t know. I don’t really idolize that many people anymore. I really admire Noel Fisher though, he’s such a great person and fantastic actor. I’ll watch anything he’s in.
7. Favorite TV show?
At the moment my favorite show is Shameless (US), closely followed by Orphan Black. All time favorite is LOST.
8. What made you start blogging?
I was bored and I really wanted to write and talk about books!
9. What soon to be released book that you want right now?
Hmmm, I can’t really think of any.
10. A book that made you flip?
Flip in what way? I flipped when YOU KNOW WHAT happened in The Knife of Never Letting Go.
11. Do you have a bookish accessory? I want to see it!
I don’t think so, except the few bookmarks I own. I can’t be bothered to take a picture right now, hahaha. Maybe some other time!
- Who is your favorite historical figure? Why?
Oh, this is hard. I’m not really a history buff, hmm. Cleopatra is really interesting but I don’t know if she’s my favorite.
- What do you think of self-publishing? How about indie?
I’m very iffy about self-publishing because way too many publish too soon and their books are littered with typos, grammar mistakes and plot holes. As far as I know a lot of indie authors self-publish, but some go through small publishing companies. If their books have been well edited then it’s all well and good.
- Tell us 5 book pet peeves when it comes to romance/romantic relationships.
- Insta-love. Stalking that’s portrayed as romantic. Kissing someone who’s angry to shut them up. I can’t think of anything else right now hmm. There’s probably a lot more though.
- A book you love, but everyone else hates/dislikes it.
I’ll answer the same as I did in my Unpopular Opinions Tag, which is Mockingjay (Suzanne Collins).
- A book you hate/dislike, but everyone else loves it.
I mentioned this in the tag too. Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children. [my review]
- Which one you prefer: book trilogies or stand-alone novels?
I don’t know. Stand-alones, maybe. I’m so bad at finishing series, haha.
- What would you chose: to only re-read all your favorite books, or to read the books you’ve never read? (one or the other)
Read books I’ve never read.
- Are you afraid of a specific kind of animals/insects? (e.g. birds, spiders)
- Do you think is fair to compare books to the popular ones? For example: vampires books to Twilight, magic books to Harry Potter.
Not really. It’s only done for marketing purposes.
- Tell us an embarrassing moment.
I can only think of one thing but it’s so embarrassing that I’m not writing it here HAHA. Shudder.
- What is your all-time favorite book? You can divide this question by genre, if you would like.
Harry Potter 🙂
- Why did you decide to start blogging?
See: Samantha question 8.
- Describe your dream day.
Waking up early, actually feeling awake when waking up early, do all the things I’ve been putting off doing, feel very productive at the end of the day.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world right now, where would it be?
Somewhere nice and warm with palm trees and beaches and a kickass water park.
- Do you have any quirky habits or talents?
I can wiggle my ears?
- How do you picture yourself in ten years?
I’d rather not LOL.
- What is your most anticipated book release for the rest of the year?
See: Samatha question 9
- What is one fact about you that we don’t already know?
Umm. I might be moving to Northern-Ireland? If you follow me on twitter you might already know this. It still has a very maybe status though.
- If you were stranded on an island with one book character, who would you want it to be?
Dumbledore. We could chill on the beach for a bit and talk about knitting, but when that gets old I can just grab his elbow and we’ll go back home.
- What is your zodiac sign? Do you think it mirrors your personality well?
Virgo. I know nothing about horoscopes and stuff so I have no idea. I don’t believe in it.
- If you could be best friends with one author, who would it be?
I don’t know much about any authors either, the one I know most about is JK Rowling so it’d have to be her.
I’m going to break the rules a little and not nominate anyone, because I don’t know anyone who hasn’t gotten this award and I’m too tired to go find some new blogs, even though I know that’s what I should be doing. I hope answering these three lovely people’s questions was enough 🙂 Not that my answers were very interesting but oh well!
Anyone know what’s up with the text bleeding into the sidebar??? ._.